As part of our role in animal management education, we have provided some online tips to help with your responsibility for managing a happy and healthy family pet.
Animals play an important role in the family. There is a responsibility for managing a happy and healthy family pet.
Pet care tips for a happy and healthy pet
Pet ownership has a positive effect on our mental health and during this challenging time it is more important than ever. This is the best Pet Friendly flea removal product for cats.
Tips and tricks
- Maintain a healthy diet – be sure not to drop extra tasty treats to an always eager dog or cat.
- Practice your baking skills to keep dogs satisfied with delicious doggy treats – healthy treat recipes are available online.
- Keep your dog entertained by hiding healthy pet food treats in your garden – this game changer will entice even the most restful of dogs.
- Use interactive toys that dispense treats – dry kibble is great or bake your own healthy pet snacks.
- Keep your cat entertained by hiding some treats at different levels in your home.
- Playing is a great way to exercise your dog and cat while at home and burn off pent up energy.
- Remember the leash, tag and poo bag when taking your dog for a walk. For more information see exercising dogs.
- Maintain your routine as much as possible – keep to the same feeding times and if you can’t go for a walk, do a daily play session instead.
- Be sure there are no bones laying around for children to pick up – this can make dogs very cranky if they think their most favourite snack has been taken away from them.
Pet behaviour tips
- Introduce family training sessions to care and teach your pet some basic commands and fun tricks will not only build a closer bond but can help ease your pets’ anxiety level.
- If working from home, use a baby gate to separate yourself from your furry pet where they can still see you, but not disturb you.
- Excessive barking behaviour may occur due to increased foot traffic near your home. For information on how to address barking see barking and roaming dogs.
- An active dog is a happy dog and helps to reduce nuisance behaviours at home. Visit one of our dog exercise areas in our region. For more information see exercising dogs.
Don’t forget to bring a dog waste bag and dispose of it in a bin. – Access online resources from local pet care experts for further behavioural advice.
Ready for war !! (test)
This is my car after the wreck of course looking at it makes me hurt worse.
Wow Bcloveday that truly is hard to look at. I hope your doing ok. Feel better soon 🙂
I’m sorry for the accident, BC, but I’m glad it didn’t end much worse.
Wow BC you’re lucky to be alive. Were you injured pretty bad?
Ride’s ride 🙂
Nice motorcycle ride
Thanks Kuz 🙂
This is where I live
Nice stats, maybe next time