NEW UPDATED STRATEGY: SOLAMNIA AT WAR! (MUST READ)
This clan is unique in that success in war is #1 priority.
Members must have good war history within our clans or coming from another.
No one becomes an elder in this clan until you have read these updated rules.
EVERYONE MUST ATTACK TWICE IN EVERY WAR OR GET DEMOTED/KICKED/BANNED FROM THE CLAN. LEAVE THE CLAN BEFORE WAR STARTS IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTACK TWICE.
- War Prep
- Fill war castles with lvl five wizards. Top up with lvl five archers. Everyone contribute so it doesn’t fall on a few people. However, if someone is in the clan with lvl six wizards, we will ask them to fill war castle and not donate anything for raids or attacks.
- PUT YOUR WAR CASTLE IN THE MOST CENTRAL SPOT IN YOUR BASE!
- PUT YOUR WAR CASTLE IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR BASE!
- YOUR WAR CASTLE MUST BE PUT IN THE CENTRE OF YOUR BASE!
- MAKE SURE THAT IT IS VERY HARD FOR ENEMY TO LURE OUT YOUR WAR CASTLE TROOPS! IF YOU CAN, MAKE SURE THE RANGE OF YOUR WAR CASTLE DOES NOT GO OVER THE EDGE OF YOUR BASE.
- MAKE SURE THE ONLY THING THAT CAN LURE OUT YOUR WAR CASTLE ARE HOGS.
- PUT YOUR TOWN HALL DIRECTLY BESIDE YOUR CLAN CASTLE SLIGHTLY OFF CENTRE. DO NOT PUT YOUR TOWN HALL OUTSIDE.
- Design your base however you like, but be smart. I have found bombs and springs to be more effective inside the base.
- YOU MUST ATTACK TWICE NO MATTER WHAT!
- Scout out a bunch of bases you think you will attack. Choose a target you feel confident about getting three stars on so we do not have to re-attack the base.
- If you have been averaging 0 – 4 stars per war, you need to start choosing easier opponents regardless of your title or experience level or you may have to change your attack strategy. If you average 5 – 6 stars per war, keep up the good work. Maybe you can go a tad higher, but be careful.
- Before you attack, scout the range of CC, and levels and range of weapons, where is the TH? And think through how and where you will attack from carefully.
- FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS LURE OUT CLAN CASTLE with small troops. If that doesn’t work use giants. If that doesn’t work, use hogs.
- LURE THE TROOPS TO CLOSEST CORNER IF POSSIBLE so you don’t waste time. OR lure them to the side or corner you will be starting your main attack BECAUSE once they have killed CC troops, they will join your other troops in the attack.
- LURE OUT CLAN CASTLE TROOPS AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE DEALT WITH BEFORE DEPLOYING YOUR MAIN ARMY!!!!! I’ve seen a few wizards take out an entire army of giants and hogs…..it’s sad when it happens against us.
- If possible, ATTACK THE CLOSEST SIDE OR CORNER CLOSEST TO TH to increase your chances of more stars.
- EVERYONE IN THE CLAN MUST ATTACK TWICE IN EVERY WAR!!
- We will be at war more often than the other clans, sometimes starting immediately right after another war ends. We may not announce when the next war is. We will just start another. If you don’t want to be included in the next war, make sure you have attacked twice, and leave before the war ends. You will get your bonus loot if you join another clan.
- Help each other out. Donate quickly. Cheer each other on. Give and take advice from each other.
- Don’t over think when you are going to attack. Just do it. It would be great if everyone attacked once within the opening hours when the war starts. This could easily deflate the enemy right off the bat.
- Do not write any strategy in Clan Description because the enemy can see it. Do not include our website either. Include website in group mail.
- Once war is started, be aware of spies.
- It is good to have a variety of experience level people to have a varied enemy. In fact, it might be a good strategy to have a few people with experience lvl 20. This may result in an overall weaker enemy.
- Read the group messages!
- EVERYONE ATTACKS TWICE ALL THE TIME EVEN IF WE ARE LOSING 90 – 3 WITH TEN MINUTES TO GO!!!!! We do not want people deciding how things ‘play out’ to decide whether they will attack or not. That is not fair to the team. It’s all or nothing.
- Last, but not least, YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
5 May, 2014 – Little Update…
All our War Castles (those on the war map) must be filled with the following troops:
1st choice: Wizards Level 5 or 6
2nd choice: Dragons (if you prefer Dragons in your War Castle you can request those through the War Map)
3rd choice: Archers (ONLY when there is no room for Dragons and Wizards)
If your wizards are lower than Level 5 please wait for other clan members to fill the War Castles and drop your wizards only if Preparation Day is about to end and there are empty spots left.
Because of the Clan Wars things have changed, so I ask everyone to make upgrading their wizards to level 5 their priority. It’s a huge step up from level 4.
If we are all active we just need to make a few wizards each. It is not very costly in terms of resources it will help us keep our defenses strong to win the war and get a huge loot.
Also, I have seen some of our members castle troops being killed right away. This happens when your castle is on the edge of the base near the outer walls. Keep the castle in the middle (same with Barbarian King an Archer Queen) so they cannot be lured out and killed.
Something good to know:
Clan Wars Matchmaking
How are clans matched for a clan war?
Clan wars matchmaking matches clans based on the strength of their members. Unlike multiplayer battles, trophies have no influence in determining your clan wars opponent. After an opposing clan is found, the war immediately starts. There’s no “nexting” in clan wars matchmaking.
How is strength calculated in clan wars?
Strength is based on each member’s attacking power (troops, army camp capacity, spells and heroes) and defensive strength (defense buildings, walls, traps and heroes). Different layouts and base designs do not affect strength. The only way a member’s strength can be changed is if they upgrade their troops, defenses, spells, etc.
Will clans of different sizes be matched for war? That would be unfair.
Both clans will always have the same number of war bases in a clan war. Clan wars matchmaking will only match clans of similar sizes, and a few members (between 1-4 per clan) may be put into spectator mode when the clans are matched to even out team sizes. The members in spectator mode will be those with the lowest trophy count in their clan (or those who are ineligible for war).
10 vs 10 members is the smallest possible team size for a clan war. Other possible team sizes are: 15 vs 15, 20 vs 20, 25 vs 25, 30 vs 30, 35 vs 35, 40 vs 40, 45 vs 45 and 50 vs 50. Clan wars matchmaking will always match your clan into the largest possible clan war.
To learn all about Clan Wars follow this < link >
April 20, 2014
Here’s a few words from Pixy, co-leader of Solamnia about a sound strategy to be used during the Clan Wars…
First off, congrats to Pax Tarkas for your War success! Maybe you guys can teach Solamnia a thing or two!
Secondly, we need to be active! If we don’t have active players, we will lose each time regardless of our strategy. Individuals may be kicked due to inactivity.
Make sure TH is inside your base.
Make sure your lowest ranked team members receive donations first and make sure that they get the best donations. Why? Because they are most likely to be attacked and lose stars to the enemy.
The best troop to donate for defence is probably a high level dragon. We should probably aim to give everyone a dragon if they have enough room. If there is still room, wizards and archers are probably the second best thing you can donate for defence to fill up cc.
For Solamnia, we should kick extremely low experienced people right away who join. We have some flexibility, but we can’t go too low.
(RideWyoming’s note: see update above about wizards as preferred troops, although a high level dragon is still a great choice for lower level players)
This is a little tricky because there are a ton of variables to consider. Nonetheless, here are a few points:
THE TOWN HALL IS EVERYTHING!!!! Every time I see a replay where the TH is open and outside and we attack the other side and get 0 – 1 starts, I feel like hanging myself! ATTACK THE TH EVERY TIME! Think of yourself as a fat kid and the TH being your favorite chocolate cake! Go for it! ATTACK THE TH! ATTACK THE TH! ATTACK THE TH!
Remember TH is one star, 50% is two stars(with TH), and 100% is three stars. Consider this……if you attack a base and get 85% without the TH, you get 1 star. If you just attack a Th and get 2%, you get 1 star. It has the exact same result!
Be realistic. It is extremely difficult to get three stars in clan wars because all defences are actively working against you and the CC likely has good troops defending it. A good strategy is to aim to get TH plus 50% of base. This means looting is irrelevant, and TH is everything. Draw out CC troops and kill them outside camp if you can. Pick off outside buildings with a few archers to build up percentage of base killed, and then attack one side or corner to get to 50% and TH.
The tricky part is who attacks who? We may need to tweak this as we gain experience, but here is what I’m thinking:
Our #1 ranked player attacks their #6 ranked player. Our #2 attacks their #7. Our #3 attacks their #8. We don’t do this exactly to the letter. The principle here is that your first attack is against someone who is ranked about 5 to 10 spots below you so you have a better chance of winning and winning more stars.
This is an interesting strategy: Our five lowest ranked teammates attack the top five enemies. Their only goal is to get one star by attacking an outside TH base. If you can get a second star, we may have to mail you a trophy! Our higher ranked players will be able to attack their equivalent ranked enemies and probably to a better job. Our lowest ranked players would make a better contribution by just getting 1 star on an incredibly difficult base near the top with TH outside. Hope this makes sense.
Our lowest and mid-level players (low 70s experience or lower for Solamnia) should use up both attacks as soon as possible. Our high level players (high 70s, 80s, 90s for Solamnia or particularly those who have lvl six troops) should save their second attack in the final 10 hours or so of the war. They are more likely to have more flexibility with who they are able to attack.
If we can get about two stars on most bases, and get three stars on the bottom 10 enemies, we would be doing well. In order to win, we need all pistons firing and everyone contributing.
Let’s kick some butt and eat some chocolate cake while we are at it!